Every day we will post a tip on how to save money on your trips. This might be a new site we’ve come across, a new incentive programme etc…
2nd April 2013
Aer Lingus is offering €100 per person off return flights to the States.
The offer applies to direct flights to New York, Boston, Chicago and Orlando.
You have to book by 7th April and travel between 1st August and 16th December 2013.
Airbnb offer reasonably priced rooms and apartments in all the above cities.
To book somewhere to stay click here
1st April 2013 2013
“Name Your Own Price” on Priceline.com is a great way to get a hotel at a bargain price. Basically you select the area in a city you want to stay in and name the price your willing to pay. But you only find out the name of the hotel after your offer is accepted and your credit card is charged.
The pros of using this site is that you can make significant savings on regular hotel prices. You are guaranteed the area and the star rating you have selected.
The cons are, once your bid has been accepted it is non-refundable. If you’re not happy with the hotel there is nothing you can do.
I have used this site over 20 times in the last few years and I can honestly say I have only been disappointed with the hotel once. It can be a bit daunting the first time you use it but once you get over the initial fear it can become slightly addictive!
It’s very straightforward to use:
1. Enter the city you’re visiting
2. Enter the dates
3. Enter the number of rooms required
4. You’ll then be shown a map of the city. The city will be divided into several areas and you simply select the area you want the hotel in.
5. Select the star rating you require
6. Enter the price in USD you’re willing to pay per room per night
7. You’ll then be shown a summary of your request and the total price including tax and charges.
8. Then enter your credit card details and if your bid is successful you’ll get instant confirmation and the name of the hotel that accepted your offer.
To make a booking click here
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch